What should a person do if he or she moves before the chapter 7 case is completed?

The person should immediately notify the bankruptcy court in writing of the new address. Because most communications between the person filing and the bankruptcy court are by mail, it is important that the bankruptcy court always have the person's current address. Otherwise, the person may fail to receive important notices and the chapter 7 case may be dismissed. Many courts have change-of-address forms for persons to use when they move, and one of these forms should be obtained if a move is planned.